Research Associate II
La Jolla, CA
Job Req code: 966
Category: Research & Development
We have unique opportunities and are always looking for exceptional talent. Join a company where you will have an opportunity to grow professionally and personally and give strength to others by Empowering Healing.
The La Jolla, CA office of Organogenesis is seeking a motivated and responsible candidate for a Research Associate II position. The candidate must show initiative, strong communication skills, relevant scientific knowledge/experience, and be a team player. Excellent attention to detail, the ability to work independently, and good organizational skills are essential to being successful in this position.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Product Development, the Research Associate II will assist in supporting the research and product development activities. Typical responsibilities include:
- Performs a wide range of assigned research experiments with efficiency, accuracy and attention to details, and minimal supervision (e.g., selects methods, troubleshoots routine and some non-routine procedures).
- Makes observations, documents experimental data, and generates related reports on results.
- Designs and executes experiments according to standard protocols, make observations and interpret findings.
- Exercises technical judgment in execution of specialized procedures and interpretation of complex results.
- Initiates non-routine problem investigation and recommends solutions.
- Performs calculations, statistics, and complex analysis on experimental results and develops hypotheses.
- Contributes to design of well defined experimental procedures.
- Maintains responsibility for routine laboratory instrumentation and supplies.
- Orders laboratory materials and reagents
- Receives, stores, aliquots and keeps inventory of important laboratory reagents.
- Maintains laboratory equipment by keeping up with routine maintenance and inspection.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work area in accordance with standard laboratory practice and procedures.
- Assist in ordering and receiving laboratory supplies.
- Organizes and stores all chemicals substances, fluids and compressed gases according to safety instructions.
- Records all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility.
- Completes projects by assisting other R&D teammates; attending and participating in group and project meetings.
- Ensures that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- Collaborates with other team members within the department and cross-functionally.
Under the supervision of the Principal Scientist
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Bending over for extended periods of time.
- Sometimes having repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 40 lbs.
- Frequently in a lab setting.
- Frequently around biohazardous materials.
- Frequently using scientific equipment like microscopes, centrifuges, hoods, etc.
- Occasionally in cold temperatures.
- Occasionally around loud noises.
- 2-5 years of laboratory experience in a related environment
- 4-year Degree in biology, chemistry or relevant field
- Master’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of a variety of standard laboratory procedures and techniques; of laboratory equipment and terminology; and of laboratory hazards and safety practices.
- Experience with Cell Culture, PCR, ELISA assays, and other relevant laboratory procedures
- Experience in operating electrical and nonelectrical laboratory equipment and potentially dangerous substances (flammable liquids, biohazards etc.)
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Ability to work organized and in an autonomous fashion.
- Experience with tissue engineered medical devices and biologics
- Familiarity to the cGMP and GLP requirements and documentation
Start a career today!
Join our team at Organogenesis! We are always looking for passionate and dedicated people to join our team. Let us know about you!